Most bowling alleys in Seoul focus mainly on bowling, as they should. Alcohol, conversation, and dancing while bowling are frowned upon. That is not the case at 'The Frame'.
Located in north-central Seoul, The Frame is a top-notch facility that caters to those who want to let loose and bowl. If that's not you, don't worry. It also caters to those who just want to bowl in an upbeat atmosphere.
The Good Stuff
- It is aptly named. You can't go wrong with a bowling alley named "The Frame".
- It is easy to get to from a subway station.
- They have an excellent bar, waiting area, and a lounge that you can rent by the hour.
- The bar has a great selection, and the food is good.
- It is located in a tourist-friendly area.
- It has a modern/contemporary design. The equipment is very new.
- The staff speak English well.
- After 8 p.m. the lights get lowered and the music volume is raised. Make sure you bring your dance moves.
The Not-So-Good Stuff
- The alley can get busy; however, they take reservations.
- It is a little pricey.
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Thursday||11:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.|
|Friday||11:30 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.|
|Saturday||1:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.|
|Sunday||11:30 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.|
- 5,000 won per game
- 1,500 won for shoes
But What About The Drinks?
To see more photos, check out the 'The Frame' photo album.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Jongno-gu, Naesu-dong
From Line 5 - Gwanghwamun Station (광화문역):
Walk out exit 1 and take a left. Walk straight for 10 meters. Take your first right (you will have to cross the street). Walk straight for 200 meters and take a right. Walk straight for 150 meters and you will see a large bowling pin. Walk down the stairs on your right. "The Frame" is in the same complex as the sauna.
Originally posted February 2, 2015
Last update October 29, 2015